Re: Tie Downs - Part 2

To: robb@nne.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tie Downs - Part 2
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:15:57 EDT
In a message dated 08/12/2000 8:08:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time, robb@nne.net
writes:

> What do you think?  Am I totally off-base here or will this work?
>
>  Regards,
>  Robb

Well, I've seen full sized cars loaded on freight trailers using the same
method...but I didn't approve then, and I really think you need to tie the
car down somehow.  99.0 %  of the time you method will probably work, but in
an emegency situation, this could change a bit of an off the road move, or an
almost turn over, into a much worse accident with three quarters of a ton of
oily English iron moving independently of the trailer and the tow vehicle.

At least put it back in gear, and run a strap across the cowl from side to
side.  I really think it needs something to hold it into the 4x4 cage.
Remember that 4x4's are only 3 1/2 inches thick; not much to jump when 60+
mph inertia comes into play.

Regards,

Robert Houston...just a causious ol' farts' perspective........