Re: Tie Downs - Part 2

To: Robb Cutler <robb@nne.net>
Subject: Re: Tie Downs - Part 2
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:00:52 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>

Robb Cutler wrote:

> I mounted two pressure-treated 4x4 on the floor of the trailer so that when
> I drive the Sprite into the trailer, I have about a 1/2" gap on either side
> of the tires.

> I'm going to do one safety chain to the rear axle (being careful of the
> brake lines) just as a precaution.
>
> What do you think?  Am I totally off-base here or will this work?

I am not an expert but I would worry about the car bouncing.  I am what happens
if you hit a series of nasty potholes at speed?  Could the car move forward
if you slam on the brakes?  I would go for something more secure (in my eyes)
as if a bad thing is going to happen, it will happen to me.  Like I said I am
no expert but I would want to secure at least 2 of the wheels, or more likely
all 4.

Bill Gilroy