Re: 1275 clutch fluid line

To: froggi@cdsnet.net
Subject: Re: 1275 clutch fluid line
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:10:34 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/25/2000 8:37:09 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
froggi@cdsnet.net writes:

> The two hose or line types of material are completely different and are not
>  interchangeable.  Brake fluid eats up hydraulic lines and hydraulic fluid
> eats
>  up lines meant to be used with brake fluid.  This also applies to O-rings
> and
>  seals.  Pay attention to what you purchase.
>
>  Brake hose itself is marked as such in one form or another.
>
>  Hope this clears it up my fellow Spridgeteers.
>
>  Herb

OK...I see now...But...

In a Spridget I've always used brake fluid in the clutch MC and hence line
and slave cylinder...have I been wrong all these  years?  Is that why they
keep going out
The subject was Spridgets and the hydraulic clutch system, and if I've been
doing it wrong all these years I will be very greatful to know it.

Just in case I haven't been wrong, is there any problem with using brake line
for the clutch system in a Spridget?

RH..Thanks for the clarification........