Re: 1275 clutch fluid line

To: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1275 clutch fluid line
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:34:48 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
>I would be interested in knowing how often those... the few that do...
that use
>their cars as 'daily drivers' have to rebuild their brake or clutch systems.
>Comparing what they tell us to those that only drive their cars a few times a
>month during good weather only.  Comments???

I'll jump into this subject.  A couple of years back I replaced my brake
master cylinder ('72 MKIII) with a new, in the coated wax paper, Lockheed
unit.  I drive my car about once a week in good weather and not at all in
winter.  It weeps brake fluid onto the floor under my feet on a regular
basis.  (It REALLY PISSES ME OFF!)  Another 72 Midget owner in town (frame
up restoration but mine's faster and I know they are secretly jealous)
indicates they have the same problem.

However, last weekend,  I took it out to the road course and ran it hard
all weekend.  Not a drop of brake fluid leaked.

My .02

Dave