Re: white stock bugeye photos wanted

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: white stock bugeye photos wanted
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:09:24 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
we have been through this before, the state of pennsylvania will not allow a
car that has any modifications to wear a "antique " registration.  my car
has been a race car from the day it left the dealer show room floor(and
according to the original owner, it was the show room floor model).   the
early days of h-production had cars running that were street driven daily
and raced on weekends.  this car was raced in complete street trim with the
exception of a roll bar that was put through the rear deck and welded to the
inner wheel arches(it's permanent and not a bolt in) and the windshield was
unbolted and a small plexiglass windscreen screwed to the cowel, and the
wiper arms slipped off the car.  now according to state regulations i "must
" remove the roll bar to register the car !   i refuse to destroy the car's
racing history because the state will not recognise historically significant
cars!  if i sent photos of the car as it is (and i do have the stock
windshield restored and stored in my basement  and the wipers too!) the car
would be denied registration.  all i want to do is be able to drive and
enjoy my car again.  insurance fraud?  hmmmm, the paranoia is flowing baby!
no intent to do anything about insurance!  my antique ins. carrier will
insure the car for stated value with no questions!  insurance is not an
issue.

chuck.