Re: white stock bugeye photos wanted

To: James.Sheats@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: white stock bugeye photos wanted
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:33:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/05/2000 6:54:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
James.Sheats@mortgage.wellsFargo.COM writes:

<< Sounds like insurance fraud. >>
Why?....this is just playing the game with beaurocrats that can't be
flexible.  Makes me glad I live in New Mexico, where things are less
regulated and enforced even less.

I didn't see chuck even mention insurance....which is a whole nuther issue.
How much is a bug-eye worth..two for $100 or $15,000 each?

MY guess is any "modified" vehicle cannot qualify as an "antique" regardless
of it's age in PA.  A law written by someone who knows nothing about cars
obviously.

I gave chuck a hard time too, but let's not let it get out of hand.

As far as the title swapping Drew's friend wants to do, sometimes you get
caught in a catch 22 and it's just easier to move somewhat around the letter
of the law than to try and convence a clerk with a narrow mind that you are
innocently trying to fix a problem.

I do not for a minute think Drew's friend stole a bug-eye and is attemping to
conceal it.  But if you've been  messing with cars for any time at all, you
know bodies, tubs, conglerations of parts, and sometimes whole cars come up
where it can be difficult, expensive, or down right impossible to come up
with a clear title.

In the old days, these usually were sold for parts only, but sometimes people
are creative.

Nuff said...any more and I may incriminate myself, and I don't have enough
soap on a rope to make it through a jail term.

RH