Re: Re: Engine on Ebay

To: tim roy <bquietroy@neo.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Re: Engine on Ebay
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:39:12 -0500
Cc: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>, David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, BritishCarMan@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Tim,
I am beginning to suspect that you may be in politics. Potatoe Pototoe /
Tomatoe Tomotoe You might benefit from being poked with some soft cushions OR!
the comphy chair! :-)

But regardless, This entier thread points out why Spridgets don't get respect.

They are nickle and dimed to death. Most people aren't interested in doing
proper and thorough work.

There will always be some nuts out there that will pay the mucho dinero (sp)
for a quality restoration, but most of the cars out there have  work done that
at best would prove the owners to be on the side of unknowingly being full of
shxt.

I said in an earlier email that when a car is advertised as having a "rebuilt"
motor (or is that "built" OR maybe it's just a "re". We haven't tried that
description yet.) plan on it needing its engine rebuilt.

This thread got some great answers from people that know their stuff, but also
got some really weird input from others.

I don't see anything wrong with "freshening" an engine like Peter C. mentioned,
but don't agree with any of the input that basically said that fixing one
problem in a mechanical unit or bringing one part of a mechanical unit back to
factory spec warrants a description  that the mechanical is then "rebuilt".

To those that disagree with this I think it would be appropriate to quote from
the great philosopher and gentlemen, John Cleese, who once said (French accent)
"I fart in your general direction".

Good day/Good night/
Watching the sunset,
Fred Criswell