1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:02:20 -0500
Okay gang...I've got a problem and can't figure it out. Here goes...my
precious, little darling AKA The WENCH...is overheating. (Granted I live in
Arkansas and temp is pushing the mid-90's.) So far, here's what's been
replaced...

Thermostat
Fan Clutch
All hoses are new
The Radiator has been flushed and seems to be clear, however, the fins on the
front are in terrible shape.
The freeze plugs have been pulled out of the motor and a handful of sand
flushed out.

The temperature does fine now going down the road but skyrockets quickly when
the motor is turned off. Even idling doesn't seem to cause the rise in
heat...but once the motor is shut off the temp goes from normal to over 225
degrees.

Luckily, I haven't blown the head...yet. There are no fluid leaks and I'm not
losing any water. The motor is still strong and I hate the thought of talking
my husband into paying for a rebuild.

Ideas???? I need a miracle here in Arkansas!

Tracey