Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP

To: "Tracey Converse" <converse@centurytel.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1975 Midget Trouble...HELP
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:42:00 -0000
btw, the electric fan idea is neat but does nothing to solve the heat soak
after shut down.   it only cools the coolant in the rad and what little
radiant heat that comes from the engine's coolant.   the running fan is only
really effective is there was an electric water pump running after shut down
in conjunction with the electric fan.  then there would be effective cooling
of the system after shut down without the engine running to produce any
aditional heat.  if that was a desireable end result.

there is 1 more thing to consider.     the water pump impeller if of
anything but plastic or some similar derivitave could be missing bits /
pieces, or whole impeller fins.   it is a long shot but i have seen this in
numerous types of vehicles.  done evrything that should result in a much
cooler running vehicle but no results.   turned out to be corroded  water
pump impeller.

in adition remember too much timing advance also results in hotter than
normal running temps.   it really gets the best performance bumping up
timing but it also creats a hotter running engine too.   possibly a tad of
sacrifice in timing may help too? you are right at the verge of running too
hot while operating the car.   some very minor adjustments in mixture and
timing may give a very positive reduction in the "normal" operating
temperature.

chuck
pay no attention to the man behind the curtain............(wiz. of oz)
if all else fails....try watter wetter!   ya did evrything else ...right?