Re: Be An American (No LBC)

To: mlupynec@globalserve.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be An American (No LBC)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:57:46 EST
In a message dated 1/24/02 6:30:38 AM, mlupynec@globalserve.net writes:

<< The whiners haven't changed from the conscientious objectors from
the past. Next real war (with conscription) I say those who can't
kill for whatever reason, be parachuted behind enemy lines to
convert the other side's civilians. Everybody happy?

Sorry, but the two don't belong in the same class.  Oh how  I wish Roy Rogers
was around to explain this one from his just a bit older male perspective.
WWII Conscientious Objectors did not refuse to serve; however they found or
knew going in that they were unable to reconcile their religious beliefs with
killing human beings.  These guys had it anything but easy during the war,
generally drawing the worst possible non combat jobs, and occasionally being
used as human guinea pigs for testing gases, etc.  In addition, the
conscientious objector label did not go away at the end of the  war, but
continued to plague them in private life.  At least one actor was basically
ruined because of being a conscientions objector.

>From what I have seen of the whiners, all they do is pss and moan about their
plight and the inhumanity of Americans in Government positions.  They don't
serve in the military, They don't assist the homeless or help raise funds for
them.   They don't send money to make things better for the Afghan prisoners.
 What they do do is complain, loud and clear, to anyone who will listen.  I
agree with what someone said a couple of days ago--when they are finished
whining about what America is doing wrong, they are more than welcome to
express their freedom by choosing somewhere else to go.  We don't need them.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)