Re: Be An American (No LBC)

To: mlupynec@globalserve.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be An American (No LBC)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 16:21:15 EST
Mike:

I don't know where you get off, but your attitude in this case can  be done
without.  I merely tried to point out a misconception that you had in putting
whiners and  COs in  the same category.  I assumed you were younger than I
because almost everybody on the list is,  and because you clearly had no idea
what a Conscientious Objector really was.  My e-mail was solely to correct
this misconception.

If you have sent out an apology for the sloppy association, it has not
reached me yet, although it may be further down the mail list.  I will assume
that it did come out.

My father and father-in law both served in WWII and Korea as career military
men.  My husband served two years including the early stages of Vietnam.  In
my day, women could not go into combat situations, and the military life did
not appeal to me either.  I can hardly be called a liberal.  I even voted for
Nixon and would do so again given the same choices.

Your e-mail was full of vicious assumptions about me that couldn't be further
from the truth.  You also had a great deal of negativism about what you
thought I thought you were--I remind you that these are your assumptions and
your words.  I have no time or inclination to write letters back and forth to
you, but for the other listers edification, I felt I had to set the record
straight.  Your last message was nothing more than your jaundiced
interpretation of what my words meant.  The interpretation is a pile.  The
words meant what they meant--like it or lump it but don't change their
meaning.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)