Re: Be An American (No LBC)

To: guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Be An American (No LBC)
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 07:25:29 EST
In a message dated 1/27/02 12:24:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> but you each
> have it within your power to stop that feeling by simply leaving the
> whole matter.

I agree totally with Guy.  I want to add that internet communcations is an
awfully "flat" media.  By that I mean you can only pass along words and
seldom have the power of modifying the words you say by "body language",
inflections, or other means of solidfying or modifying.  It is really easy to
be misunderstood.  Ask me how I know.  So we have to be really flexible when
we read replies because while they may come off sounding brusque or short,
they may not have intended to be so.  I am of the opinion that few of us have
axes to grind with others on this list, since most of us do not know one
another, so there is no motive to be nasty--only supportive of one another.
That leaves only misinterpretation.

Gosh, even Cat and Hate Cat guys can get along on this list.  8^)

--David C.