Re: Fulcrum pin removal - clueless as usual

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fulcrum pin removal - clueless as usual
From: "David Camp" <dxcamp@bsink.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 05:21:41 -0500
Hi Jim,
I just went through this on my Midget. I had to drill out the retaining pin
and couldn't get the fulcrum pin to budge. I then stuck the whole assemble
in a vice and soaked the end of the pin in PB Blaster for 2 days, beating on
it with a impact screw driver every time I passed by it. I finally got it
out by grinding down a chisel to exactly fit the slot and turning it out
with a cresent wrench on the chisel. I bought a new pin and cleaned out an
retapped the hole(try finding those taps!), but could not get the new pin to
screw all the way in, so I ended up reusing the old pin.

Good luck,
Dave Camp
60 sprite
79 midget