RE: Fulcrum pin removal - clueless as usual

To: "David Camp" <dxcamp@bsink.com>,
Subject: RE: Fulcrum pin removal - clueless as usual
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:24:10 -0800
Dave Clamp wrote:
"I bought a new [fulcrum] pin and cleaned out an
retapped the hole(try finding those taps!), but could not get the new pin to
screw all the way in, so I ended up reusing the old pin."

I went through this recently with FROG AYE.  Got two new fulcrum pins from
one of the usual suspects, one didn't fit!  Tried grinding it down like on
"Just Ed's" site but it became obvious it wasn't going to go.  The other pin
worked perfectly.  Finally got a third pin from my local guy and it worked
perfectly.  If your new fulcrum pin doesn't fit just look at it.  It's
probabally too big.  Doesn't take much!  The correct pin is a snug fit but
not excessively so.

Hal