Re: We tight engine rebuilding

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: We tight engine rebuilding
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:27:18 -0700
> Also, I assume that if it is H20 in the chambers then there would be
> a obvious drop in rad fluid, or, the tell-tale bubbles in the fluid
> when viewed with the cap off the rad.

Other possible signs are:-
1) Little bubbles of water visible on the end of the dip-stick.
2) Yellowish-White gunk in the sump or in the drained oil.
(Not to be confused with the white gunk you get when you mix
Pennsylvania crude with Texas crude at oil changes!)
3) Oil 'rainbows' can be seen when you look inside the radiator

As to an "automatic Spridget"... not me!!
My ex-wife was in her Van and was pulled over by the "Men in Gray" for
producing a smoke screen...  modulator valve was the culprit.

Dave G.