Re: webers and webers

To: "Duncan Sinclair" <duncan@pondhop.com>
Subject: Re: webers and webers
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 22:27:12 -0600
Do you need a cam position sensor with the 36-1 wheel and EDIS wasted spark?
Can't you just inject on throttle position and RPM?
I haven't even thought about taking the MS down to the code level.
I don't know if there is anything you can do about valve overlap
timing with the injector pulse timing.  You can control how much an
injector squirts with the pulse width.  But, I think trying to time
the pulse to match valve events will just have you chasing your tail.
Even if you get an 8 port head with IRTBs I think the injector pulse
will be more based on engine demand than actual timing events.  At X
RPM the motor needs a certain amount of fuel injected for your desired
A/F ratio.  Throttle position vs. RPM will let you get a little rich
for acceleration or tune accordingly for deceleration.  But, having
the injector fire at a certain time doesn't really gain anything, or
does it?  If so, what?
I'm just learning this stuff so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Cheers,
Derf