Re: Advice on Pulling Engine

To: <FrizBMG@aol.com>, <w_pierzga@email.msn.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Advice on Pulling Engine
From: "Chris Richards" <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:26:36 -0500
I have pullled and installed Tiger engines from the top in a standard
garage many times.  When the engine's oil pan is high enough to clear the
body , I simply lift the the tail of the transmission up and swing it
around while rolling hoist forward slightly.  The only trick may be in how
one lifts the engine.  I use a plate which mounts directly to the intake
manifold's four-carb.-studs.  The plate has two large eyelets for different
lifting applications and I use the front one for the Tiger's engine and
trans.  I personally like the option of moving the car's body around easily
on its four paws.  I could go into further detail but I think mostly it is
a "to each her/his own" kind of thing.