RE: Fuel Efficiency

To: <Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Efficiency
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 09:50:05 -0700
Chris,

I have a Holley 650 CFM double pumper which I consider to be a bit of
over-carburetion in my case....running a mild cam, ported, polished, TRW
pistons etc.  When I traveled to Big Bear for TU, I got around 12 MPG.
Consequently, yours sounds about right to me.  I should mention as well that
I KNOW my secondary is kicking in.  If yours are not, there is somewhere
else you need to look to for a problem.  Note that my rear end is about a
3.96 with the stock top-loader.....so I am reving about 4K at 70 MPH.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373