Re: No Tiger Content

To: Mike Sutter <mjsutter@cts.com>
Subject: Re: No Tiger Content
From: larryall@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:38:47 -0800
Mike Sutter wrote:

> Listers, Bob P. and Allan C.
>
> Have any of you experienced your late model Fords brakes wearing out at an
> alarming rate. I had a 93 Mustang that had warped front rotors in only
> 17,000 miles. My 96 Explorer (52,000 miles, 2 sets of rear pads and 3 sets
> of front pads) has 2 blue front rotors with stress cracks. Bob, how is the
> SHO on brakes? I know of two other people that are experiencing brake hell
> with their Fords.
>
> Sorry for the non-tiger content, but we were just talking about brakes.
>
> Anyone else turning their rotors into patato chips?
>
> Mike S. '66 Tiger

I have a '96 Mustang Cobra that started developing a chirping noise at
around 20000 miles.  So I took it to the dealer and they replaced the
front rotors and turned the rears.  4000 miles later it has started
chirping again.  So I guess I will be back at the dealer again soon.  As
a side note, I have also broke the rear sway bar going out of a driveway
at about 1 mph and I have had the transmission rebuilt once and recently
replaced.  It seems that Ford in their infinite wisdom had a few 6
speeds laying around in '96 and so they put them in the Cobras and
blocked out the six gear.  Well it never shifted smoothly and
occasionally it popped out of gear.  It now has a '98 Cobra tranny (5
speed ) in it.  I hope that is all of the weird stuff to go wrong on
this car.