Re: No Tiger content

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No Tiger content
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:00:20 -0600
Mike:

Interesting...very interesting.  I, too, have had similar problems, but
with a '90 T-Bird Super Coupe.  I no longer own the car, although I felt it
was an outstanding piece of rolling stock; very quick, tight handling, fun
to drive etc.  But those brakes...they would definitely stop the car, in a
hurry if you had to.  But man, oh man, I couldn't get 15,000 miles out of a
set of front rotors before they warped out.  The pads seemed to wear fine,
but the rotors just wouldn't last.  I finally complained to the dealer
about it and they told me that Ford had redesigned the rotors for the Super
Coupe because of the problem.  So, I put a set of the "new and improved"
rotors on the ol' Bird.  They did great for a while but, as if like
clockwork, the old pulsating-pedal and shaky-steering-wheel-under-braking
jazz started up again...and I drive my cars pretty easy!  I never did
understand what the problem was and, evidently, neither did Ford.  I am
happy to report now, however, that I have a '96 Ford Ranger extended cab
with a 4.0L V6 and the brakes are performing very nicely...so

Hang in there,
Andy Walker
B382001600