RE: Questions

To: "'Larry Paulick'" <larry.p@erols.com>, cmclendon@mindspring.com,
Subject: RE: Questions
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:06:03 -0600
I will probably get corrected on this, but I was told by one of our MEs that
stainless steel is actually not a good material to use for a fastener in a
corrosive environment (such as in a wheel well), because the screws will
corrode. A better choice is a zinc-plated steel screw, because the zinc acts
as a sacrificial material, and therefore will protect the screw even if the
zinc coating is scratched (not sure what happens when the zinc is all
gone...). You might also be able to get zinc-plated screws in higher-tensile
steel.

Regards,
Theo