Re: Questions

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Questions
From: Craig Wright <craig@productdesigngroup.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:15:33 -0700
Hello Larry,

Most high quality stainless fasteners are grade 5 or better 316 stainless. They
could be used in any almost application except where grade 8 is required. Any
time you use a dissimilar metal there is a chance of galvanic corrosion. To
reduce the effect use Never-Seize. The never seize is very important when
screwing the fasteners into aluminum. Sailboats use 316 hardware exclusively and
are exposed to salt water spray continuously. They don't corrode.

Craig