Re: Tying the Tiger

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tying the Tiger
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:48:29 -0800
In fixing the race car to the trailer, I plan on supporting the frame with
fixturing. This way, I do not compres the springs or shocks. It will be
rigid to the trailer. I tought this was what we were talking about. Tying
the car to the transporter via frame and compressing the springs seems like
a disaster waiting to happen. As soon as the spring loads more in
compression then the ties loosen. Yikes...not for me!

Oh, and I only carry three gallons of fuel, so that allows me only a full
run at B'ville. So driving there is well out of the question, but that
stretch between Hiko and Lund would be a blast (SIlver State Challenge run
there).

mayf