RE: Tying the Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tying the Tiger
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:55:19 -0800
>>I been planning on sitting the world's fastest sunbeam on it's frame on
blocks and making it rigid.<<

Forget the trailer. Knowing the long, straight Nevada roads I say just make
one long trial run up to Wendover. If the car is all you hope it is even if it
breaks half way there you should have the speed to just coast in. If the
"Fuzz" comes after you just tell them that you were on the flats, but the
throttle stuck and you couldn't stop until it ran out of gas.
  All kidding aside I would think that there are advantages to either method
of securing the car. Unfortunately they are dependent upon harmonics of random
and unknown intensity. I would think that with a narrow wheel track, light
weight trailer that just securing the tires could be undesirable. Thus, if
your trailer fits that description the rigid method you had planned seems
best.

>>bought mine in Jan '67, second owner, not TAC'd either....<<
I won't even go there again. All the best in your efforts, hope to see you in
the record books.
Tom Witt