Re: Header coatings

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <mk1a@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Header coatings
From: itswonderful@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:25:01 +0000
> > (Jet-Hot is a two step process)

This is correct but I thought I should clarify.  The non-sterling colors are a
base coat (primary coating) and a cosmetic color coat.  I was told by Jet-Hot
that the sterling finish is achieved by polishing the primary coating.  This
sounds a bit strange to me because the base coat is more of a cream color on my
bike header and how it turns silver with polishing is unknown to me.  Perhaps I
got bum info on the sterling finish.  I can verify that with the black mat
finish there is a cream colored base coat (evident inside the header) and a
black over coat that can be scratched off to reveal the base coat.

Frank
B9471116