RE: Header coatings

To: itswonderful@comcast.net, "'DrMayf'" <drmayf@teknett.com>,
Subject: RE: Header coatings
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 20:31:50 -0400
When the ceramic coating comes out of the baking oven, it looks like
glass-bead blasted aluminum. (cream color).

They achieve the polished, near chrome appearance, by completely
submerging and tumbling the baked, coated part in a tank full of a
mixture of some kind of fluid, (possibly water) and large glass beads. I
had a set of headers finished in black, which I was told was a color
finish applied after the base coat was baked. It was not tumbled, and it
looked much like it was spray painted with "Header Kote" or some such,
but much more durable.

Dave