RE: Throttle cable

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Throttle cable
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:01:43 -0800
Listers,

My thanks to Gary Crandall and Chris Sarris for pointing out a couple of
errors in my post, Chris correctly noting that it was a Goodyear tire, not
Firestone (they made some big mistakes too, just not this one) and, of
course, it's "brake", not "break" as Gary tactfully notes. Also, just to be
completely accurate, the settlement was for $19.6 M according to Donahue's
attorneys, Decof & Decof of Rhode Island. BTW, Donahue had signed a
liability waiver with Goodyear, but the trial judge threw it out. Something
about "gross negligence" I suspect.

Bob