Re: Throttle cable

To: Tony Someone <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle cable
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:33:24 -0800
Tony,

To my knowledge, and Sunbeam Specialties statements, there was only one
cable length for all Tigers.  This even included those with the LAT 1
F4B high rise and carb.  At one time, Sunbeam Specialties did have a
longer cable made for their own reasons.   I thought it was for the LAT
1 and purchased it.  Fit fine.  After a while it broke, and I had to
limp home on a fast idle adjustment.  It was replaced with the standard
length, as Sunbeam Specialties no longer stocked the longer one, and was
not ordering any.

It didn't seem to matter, the standard length fit fine and I get full
close and open throttle with the pedal, as long as nothing is bent,
broken, or mis-installed.

 The big problem was I did not know that there is a stop under the gas
pedal, and was using the carb travel limit as the wide-open-throttle
stop.  Well, that broke the cable, in my belief.  This time I adjusted
the pedal stop under the gas pedal that corresponded to full throttle
opening, without cable strain.

There is no adjustment on the throttle cable length, but the outer shell
has a clamp nut to hold it in place at the carb.

Steve