[Tigers] Oil Pressure

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Oil Pressure
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:00:05 +0000
Optimal oil pressure....

A question I was afraid to ask. I have seen on this list and others, as well in
propaganda from owners trying to sell their cars,
claims of oil pressures in their SBF's of 60 psi at "speed".

My oil pressure at start-up cold is 45 psi on the gauge, dropping to 30 as the
engine heats up and reaches 225 230F at 3,000 rpm and up.
It would drop to 20 at idle "hot".

Now that I have it running at 180-190F, cold pressure is still 45psi. but it
never drops below 40psi, now, at operating temp.

Hot-rodder's I have spoken with say 10 psi per 1,000 rpm is lots for a "built"
engine.

What's considered normal or adequate by the Tiger community??

Dave