Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure

To: achd73@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 09:47:06 -0300
Thanks Tony;

Your words prove accurate.

After I received your post, I got off my lazy butt and researched this topic
and found some references in my book collection that concurs with your
opinion.
It is clear that 40 to 50 psi is good pressure for our engines. Bill Carroll
has a comprehensive Specification section in his book and lists normal
pressure (hot) to be  35/55 psi @ 2000 rpm. Mike Taylor's Book has a
reference to the oil pressure normal being 55 psi hot, but no specified rpm.
Nothing in the BON on oil pressure specs that I could find, but then it was
late...

SBF references on the web are surprisingly scarce , but those you can find
put good pressure squarely in the 40 to 50 range.

60 psi and up seems to be uncharacteristically high for a "normal" street
SBF engine, and there does not appear to be a lot of info on how to modify
an engine to produce these high pressures.

My mind is at ease!

Thanks for your help and insight Tom. I will  do my research in advance next
time!

Dave