Re: [Tigers] Rear End Gears

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear End Gears
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:56:54 -0700
Dave,
  Bill makes a point about the change.  If you use a calculator you can find
a tire size (larger) that will equal equivalent  the difference between the
3.07 and the 2.88 gears.  Perhaps you can borrow a set of large sized tires
for the rear and "try out" the change (Mustangs, T-Birds etc.).  Then if you
like the change the tires are a lot cheaper that the gears. With their own
wheels (on new larger tires) you can change "ratios" back and forth in about
ten minutes.
Tom

> You might want to use the calculator at this link:
>
> http://www.corral.net/tech/gearcalc.html
>
> I am not sure that moving from a 3.07 to 2.88 will make a huge difference.

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
6:56 AM