Re: [Tigers] Rear End Gears

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Rear End Gears
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 07:55:30 -0700
Everything mechanical wears out eventually, but I've had gear sets go 200K
miles with no problem. In my case of just rebuilding the rear end, my gears
have 135K miles on them, but looked good, and the car isn't a daily driver. I
probably won't put over 2K miles a year on it, so I figured I was safe for my
lifetime. If it was something I was going to drive 15K miles a year and I was
spending the money to have everything else replaced, I'd replace the gears
also so I wouldn't be doing it again in 3 years or so. This is just my opinion
of course.

Steve (in N. Idaho)