Re: [Tigers] Machine shop questions

To: "'Tiger Man'" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>, "A.
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Machine shop questions
From: "steve wick" <srwick@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:38:39 -0800
I'm curious what the actual measurements are for the cylinder wall length
between the 289 and 302. I know the stroke is longer on a 302, but that
wouldn't necessarily translate into a longer cylinder wall. The piston skirt
is shorter on 302's, presumable for clearance, so it strikes me as odd that
Ford would've increased the stroke of the crank, shortened the piston, and
then moved the bottom of the cylinder wall closer to the rotating mass. I
never thought about it before, but now you got me wondering.

Steve (in N.Id.)