Re: [Tigers] Machine shop questions

To: bob@hermitagewood.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Machine shop questions
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:14:13 -0400
Thanks Bob for that intelligence. Wow -  a .200" overbore....wild!

I truly am not worried considering the performance of my engine to date. But I
might not be so frisky if I had  .200" bores
in there.....

I also suspect most who overbore from max spec looking for the ultimate
horsepower machine would run their engines
much harder than I will mine. I like to give it a shot every now and then, but
mostly my wife and I are just out traveling and
cruising.

Apart from the great power that comes with stroking a given block, is the shift
of the power curve down the rpm range with
a proper cam, so there's no need to rev the guts out of the engine to get some
serious power to the ground.

Long live strokers!

Dave