Re: [Tigers] Urban legend

To: Curt Bowland <cbowland@msn.com> (Java/1.8.0_241)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Urban legend
From: Ross Hulse via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 01:56:33 -0800
Cc: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>

--0000000000000259ea05a054e927

The demise of the Sunbeam Tiger was that they did not sell very well.  The
USA import regs for cars would require expensive modifications to the car.
So in February 1967 the decision was made to finish the cars that were in
the line and send them to Canada.  Everything about not fitting a Chrysler
engine is just a rumor.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM Curt Bowland via Tigers <
tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:

> While I have no idea about the Chrysler engine fit thread I was aware that
> the inability of clearance available to accommodate the rear position of
> the distributor was THE issue for the demise of the Tiger.
>
> I have seen several Tigers with what looks like fairly dramatic firewall
> notching, mostly all to accommodate Weber Carb installation. Just wondering
> if that might have worked/been a possibility.  Probably would have been to
> expensive a change to tool for.

--0000000000000259ea05a054e927

s new roman, serif" size=3D"6">The demise of the Sunbeam Tiger was that the=
y did not sell very well.=C2=A0 The USA import regs for cars would require =
expensive modifications to the car.=C2=A0 So in February 1967 the decision =
was made to finish the cars that were in the line and send them to Canada.=
=C2=A0 Everything about not fitting a Chrysler engine is just a</font>=C2=
=A0<font face=3D"times new roman, serif" size=3D"6">rumor.=C2=A0</font></di=
">On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 11:48 AM Curt Bowland via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-l=
eft:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">

-size:14pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
While I have no idea about the Chrysler engine fit thread I was aware that =
the inability of clearance available to accommodate the rear position of th=
e distributor was THE issue for the demise of the Tiger.</div>
-size:14pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
-size:14pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
I have seen several Tigers with what looks like fairly dramatic firewall no=
tching, mostly all to accommodate Weber Carb installation. Just wondering i=
f that might have worked/been a possibility.=C2=A0 Probably would have been=
 to expensive a change to tool for.</div>

m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=