Re: [Tigers] Urban legend

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Urban legend
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 10:18:48 -0700

--------------70C9E4CF46BF61246D59A004

/"Seems to me Shelby American had a list of improvements for the Tiger."/

I've never heard of this list but perhaps I missed something that
occurred later on. Since I edited the George Boskoff video from when he
spoke at Mammoth I got to repeatedly hear what George said. He basically
implied that Shelby dumped the Alpine V-8 conversion on him and Shelby
had little interaction. When I believe it was John Panks came to pick up
the car it was George, not Shelby that took him for the test drive. When
done he asked George for the official drawings and George humbly replied
that, "Well..., I have a few templates in a box."

I hope I'm not coming across as contentious. Perhaps later on there was
interaction with Rootes and Shelby for improvements but at least
originally it seems Shelby did the job for the money and primarily
placed it into Boskoff's lap. From that point on  George said he never
saw the car again (until Mammoth).
//

On 3/13/2020 8:03 AM, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:

> Jim
>
>                 It would have definitely been nice if Shelby
> American
> remained involved with Rootes and the Tiger program.
>
> Seems to me Shelby American had a list of improvements for the Tiger.
>
> Iâ??m not sure if that list is available in the Shelby American archive
> or elsewhere but it would be nice to read that list.
>
> Iâ??m sure suspension improvement were on that list.
>
> Anyone know if that Shelby American Tiger improvement list is available?
>
> Ron Fraser

  <head>
  </head>
        the Tiger."</i></p>
      occurred later on. Since I edited the George Boskoff video from
      when he spoke at Mammoth I got to repeatedly hear what George
      said. He basically implied that Shelby dumped the Alpine V-8
      conversion on him and Shelby had little interaction. When I
      believe it was John Panks came to pick up the car it was George,
      not Shelby that took him for the test drive. When done he asked
      George for the official drawings and George humbly replied that,
      "Well..., I have a few templates in a box."</p>
      there was interaction with Rootes and Shelby for improvements but
      at least originally it seems Shelby did the job for the money and
      primarily placed it into Boskoff's lap. From that point on  George
      said he never saw the car again (until Mammoth).<br>
      Tigers wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:000201d5f948$85d7c690$918753b0$@bluefrog.com">
        medium)">
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Consolas;
        panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle21
        {mso-style-type:personal-reply;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
definitely
          been nice if Shelby American remained involved with Rootes and
          the Tiger program.<o:p></o:p></p>
          improvements for the Tiger.<o:p></o:p></p>
          the Shelby American archive or elsewhere but it would be nice
          to read that list.<o:p></o:p></p>
          that list.<o:p></o:p></p>
          improvement list is available?<o:p></o:p></p>
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net";>&lt;tigers-bounces@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
 <b>On Behalf Of </b>Jim
              B via Tigers<br>
              <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Urban legend<o:p></o:p></p>
                    Buck, now what will we talk about? Just kidding. Ya
                    know, Chrysler really didnâ??t have much of a choice
                    really. With all the fitment issues and the new
                    standards it was probably the right choice, or the
                    only choice. What I tend to ponder is, where things
                    might have gone with the Tiger if circumstances were
                    different. Shelby involvement?
                    Ford involvement? Rootes remaining solvent? Just
                    rambling about the what IFs. Cheers </span><o:p></o:p></p>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net</a>

</pre>

--------------70C9E4CF46BF61246D59A004--

--===============8114816002433134356==