Re: Spitfire Spring Positioning

To: examiner@nexusprime.org
Subject: Re: Spitfire Spring Positioning
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 00:10:10 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

> I am putting a new rear spring in my '76 Spit and cannot determine which
>> side is the front. There are NO markings on the spring clips as
>> mentioned in both the factory book or the Haynes manual. Do you have any
>> ideas on this?
>>
>> From what the manuals say, I gather this MAY be of great import when
>> installing the spring, but I really can't see any difference by looking
>> at the spring itself.
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>>
>> Cheers and Happy Motoring
>> Bob

Bob,

On 1500 springs there's no difference between left or right ends. At one time
I even flipped ends to cure a sagging rear driver side - didn't really work
so I had to do something else.

On earlier pre-1500 (before the sliding leaves) there was a front and back,
but I think it was mostly a clearance problem with the body above the diff.

Good luck,
Charlie B.
Capital Triumph Register