Re: GT-6 engine conversion

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT-6 engine conversion
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 96 12:09:31 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Tony
>
>Going to INDY this Wed, first meet for me this year.
>
>Still have a bad miss in the B at around 3 grand looked for air leaks
>
>don't seem to find any , put the SU's back and and, no help.
>
>Any quick ideas?
>
>Thanks     Chet

Chet,
 Fastest way I know of to check for vaccuum leaks is with starting fluid
or combustible carb. cleaner.
 With engine running,spray each connection where possible leak might
occurr. If engine speeds up, you have found your leak.
 Be VERY VERY careful. Do this only outside and one amall shot at at
time. Starting fluid is especially explosive, it is almost pure ether.
 First place I would check would be vaccuum pot on distributor. These are
notorious for drybing out and developig cracks inside which are hard to
find. Check this with a vaccuum pump or put a small piece of tubing on
the pot and pull a vaccuum like sipping through a straw. It's a quick
test.
 Anotheer place to check is oil filler cap.
 On the GT6, it is vented, but it is a regulated vent. Try removing the
oil filler cap with the engine running and see if there is a discernable
difference. If there is no change, replace the cap. The engine should
speed up a small amount.
 Let us know about Indy.
Best Regards,
Tony