Re: GT-6 engine conversion

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu
Subject: Re: GT-6 engine conversion
From: Bruce Hedin <bruceh@cellerity.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 11:23:30 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I don't know about early Spits. Do you suppose both of these transmixers
>could be very early Spit. If so, why did they fit GT6?
>Help me figure this out. Could be I have been looking for parts for the
>wrong transmissions.

Try counting the number of teeth on each gear of the laygear cluster as
well as on the corresponding teeth of the gears on the mainshaft.  Some
simple division should give you the ratios of 1st thru 4th.  The gearbox
ratios are different on a Spitfire vs. a GT6.  At least it would be a
starting point.

regards,

bkh
71 GT6