Re: TR3A Wiring harness

To: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>, a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca, Paulsv@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Wiring harness
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 19:42:26 -0800
At  3:57 PM 12/17/96 -0500, R John Lye wrote:
>On Dec 17,  2:39pm, Paulsv@aol.com wrote:
>> I believe I bought the triple ganged connectors from TRF
>
><snip>
>
>> Their TR3 catalog isn't the best.
>
>Once again, I beg to differ.  TRF uses the factory part numbers
>which one can find in the factory Spare Parts Manual or the
>reprint of the same.  Can't get much better than that (except
>for the post TS60000 cars, right TerriAnn?).
>

>John Lye

John I as always beg to differ.  The parts book was written for the TR2.
The red workshop manual was written for the TR2 and later got a TR3
suppliment in about '57 or '58.  You need the correct owners manual to get
the correct wiring diagram for later cars (TRF made mistakes in the one
they publish). I think the TRA concourse manual is the best thing we have
at this time.

Just about any part on your TR3 that is different from a TR2 will not be
documented in the parts manual.  The factory issued a jillion lose leaf
supplement pages which have not been reproduced and offered for sale.  I
have some photocopied pages of some, but they don't have illustrations.
Just a short writen description. or just the statement that part number
whatever replaces part number whatever (real helpful).

Moss is the only company I have seen trying hard to document all the TR
2-3Bs in a catalogue.

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com