Re: TR3A Wiring harness

To: rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu, a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net, twakeman@scruznet.com
Subject: Re: TR3A Wiring harness
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 18:08:59 -0500
In a message dated 96-12-17 16:11:48 EST, rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu (R
John Lye) writes:

<< Once again, I beg to differ.  TRF uses the factory part numbers
 which one can find in the factory Spare Parts Manual or the
 reprint of the same.  Can't get much better than that (except
 for the post TS60000 cars, right TerriAnn?).

I agree that the use of factory parts numbers is great, although, as you
note, the Spare Parts Manual isn't great for the post TS60000 cars, which I
own.  But, again, the Spare Parts Manual isn't their catalog- and their
catalog is very poor for the TR3.  Charles promised a comprehensive TR3
catalog, like the TR6 catalog (which, I think, is very good) but he hasn't
gotten around to it yet.  Expecting a casual customer to shell out $30 or
whatever for the Manual (when it's not on back-order) is a bit cheeky, IMHO.
 I know I'll probably be mercilessly flamed by the Charles-o-philes for this
bit of heresy, and I really am NOT itchin fer a fight, but as I say, it's
just my humble opinion :-)
Paul