Fuel Tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel Tank
From: "PAUL LOGUE" <GPAULOGUE@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 97 16:35:34 UT
Earlier, I ask about cleaning the tank on my 77 Spit.  Got alot of good
advice.
Here's an update:

Took it and my radiator to a reputable shop for advice and cleaning.
He flushed, cleaned and repaired radiator.

With regard to the tank, he said:

The tank looks good.  Bring it back just before you are ready to use it.  I
will put A HOLE in the bottom, pressure washer the inside, drain, flush and
repair HOLE.  You take it home and install in car. Fill with gas and a half a
quart of oil.  Never let the car set with a low or empty tank. You will have
no more trouble with your tank.

I said:   What about etching and sealing?

He said:  People who have that done keep me in business!

I said: OK, See you later

All opinions welcome.

Paul Logue
77 Spit Restoration