Re: Fuel Tank

To: PAUL LOGUE <GPAULOGUE@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 21:25:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>The tank looks good.  Bring it back just before you are ready to use it.  I
>will put A HOLE in the bottom, pressure washer the inside, drain, flush and
>repair HOLE.  You take it home and install in car. Fill with gas and a half a
>quart of oil.  Never let the car set with a low or empty tank. You will have
>no more trouble with your tank.

Ok.  The hole would be flush with the tank surface (unlike the other holes), so
you could
easily get *all* the gunk out, as opposed to most of the gunk, or some of  the
gunk.  Once
he's done, it's a straight forward weld job.  I agree with him almost
completely about the
full tank.  But I'm not willing to say it guarantees a lifetime of no fuel tank
problems.

>I said:   What about etching and sealing?
>He said:  People who have that done keep me in business!

Like him, I've made a lot of money repairing the same damage.