Re: Fuel Tank

To: npenney@erols.com, GPAULOGUE@msn.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:14:08 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-04-30 03:44:23 EDT, npenney@erols.com (Nolan Penney)
writes:

<< >I said:   What about etching and sealing?
 >He said:  People who have that done keep me in business!

 Like him, I've made a lot of money repairing the same damage.

I guess I missed part of this thread, but since the tank is out of the TR 2
it got my attention.  I bought some  gas tank sealer from one of the
suppliers.  Is that the sealer referred to here?  If so what problems develop
from use.  We have used it in a friend's TR3.  If not, what sealer does this
refer to ?  After the tank is cleaned out inside is the metal left uncoated ?
  If rust is evident inside the tank what does one do about it ?
Bob Paul
Corrales NM