Re: Fuel Tank

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: "Jesse Mullan" <jmullan@doubt.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 18:43:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
>I would highly reccommend a product called Stabile, if you are going to
do
>this.  I have had problems with this in the past.  If gas sits too long,
it
>seems to somehow go bad.  I've had this with the 3 and with lawnmowers,
etc.
>I started storing them as empty as possible, and then putting in fresh
gas
>before using.  A few years ago I ran acrosss this product, and it seemed
>solve the problem.
>Paul

gasoline isn't all that pure.  there are parrafins, varnishes, & heavier
oils in it that can and will gel.  In addition, moisture can start to hang
out in your gas tank or can.  It happens.  I believe that Coleman fuel and
"white gas" are gasoline furthur refined not to have things that gelatinize
in them.

I saw a page on funny fuels (fry grease and kerosene in diesel cars, etc.)
that explained it, but I haven't found it on the net again.  Dang.

Paraffins and such, though.  If we ran our cars on alcohol there wouldn't
be any of these problems,
but nooooooo, we don't put it in our cars, we waste it by drinking it- oh
wait, never mind.

Jesse Mullan
'80 Toyota Tercel hatchback
'57 Triumph TR3 (but it's my grandfather's car- dang it!)