Re: TR6 Cam problem

To: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: TR6 Cam problem
From: John Matthews <matthews@sj.bigger.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:40:49 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Keith,

Has he checked your distributor for wear?
I don't know the TR-6 that well, but it sounds as if it may be suffering
from a worn vacuum advance plate, bushings, or lobes. If he can't get
the timing right then this is a good place to start. Of course, if you
can........ Why not rebuild the entire engine??
I'm sure camshafts do wear out, but I think the rest of the engine would
be pretty tired too before that happened. Just my .02 cents.

Cheers,

John Matthews
'61 racin' Herald