Re: TR6 Cam problem

To: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: TR6 Cam problem
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:26:11 +0100
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Keith Ehrlich wrote:

> Listers-
>
> After a great deal of wrestling with getting fuel issues corrected on my
>weber-
> downdrafted, pertronix/sport coiled  but otherwise stock TR6, the mechanic has
> diagnosed a worn cam problem ( mileage on car not documented so odometer
>reading
> irrelevant).  He states ( I haven't yet seen for myself)he's measured  varying
> lifter measurements that indicates worn cam and, in his view, explains why he
> can't get the engine to run close to right  without having to set carbs overly
> rich.
>
> Keith Ehrlich
Keith: Here's the $10 hack fix! Are you running the stock heat range on
the plugs? If so, move up to a hotter plug. Try the NGK of Acell ones.
Acell sells a hotter plug that's listed in their cat. under TR8. Don't
worry, they're dimensionally the same as the TR6 one's. This combo cured
my plug fouling and lousy idle on my high mileage TR6. And, your only
out a few bucks if it dosen't cure your problem.