Triumph longevity

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Triumph longevity
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 17:55:23 -0500 (EST)
To those of you who've owned your cars for some time,
        I realize this is a hobby where I will have to make fairly
frequent repairs, but I'm wondering if any of you have found that you
reach a point, when you get most of the bugs worked out, so that you can
fairly readily predict when the next repairs will be needed.  My mechanic
says British cars are actually pretty reliable, which goes somewhat
contrary to everything I've heard.  However, so far I've never replaced
anything more than once.  I haven't found maintenance to be more
frustrating on this car than on any other I've worked on.  Of course,
I've been desensitized by the probably lemon Rabbit Diesel I owned for a
few years, which was always breaking down.  Nevertheless, I wouldn't be
surprised if part of what I've experienced with the TR6, is just what's to
be expected with a twenty-five year-old car.  Now that I've asked if
anyone's found their cars to be somewhat reliable, do more of you find that the
repairs
are the nightmare that they're cracked up to be?  Not that any of this
will make me get rid of the '6.  It's too much fun.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U(being restored)