Re[2]: Triumph longevity

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com (Return requested), bills@pagesz.net (Return requested)
Subject: Re[2]: Triumph longevity
From: Peter Mchugh <Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov>
Date: 15 Jul 1997 08:21:04 -0400
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: jruwaldt@indiana.edu (Return requested), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; 03A9433CB6B3007A-MTAdot1]
X400-originator: Peter.Mchugh@faa.dot.gov
X400-received: by mta MTAdot1 in /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 15 Jul 1997 08:21:04 -0400
X400-received: by /c=US/admd=ATTMAIL/prmd=gov+dot/; converted ( IA5-Text); Relayed; 15 Jul 1997 08:21:04 -0400
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <03A9433CB6B3007A*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=gov+dot/o=faa/s=Mchugh/g=Peter/@MHS>

     I'd like to echo the remarks of other TR-6 owners re:
     reliability...I've owned my 73 since 1980 and it has failed only
     once...when the rotor disintegrated in the distributor.  I drive the
     car all the time and have more than 175K miles without engine teardown
     or bearing replacement (course that may be getting close to necessary
     judging from oil consumption at 75-80 mph).

     This is not to say that I haven't spent some money to do
     maintenance...the more expensive repairs being replacement of the
     suspension bushings and springs with welding around the differential
     mounts.  I replaced the transmission recently after hearing a new and
     uncomfortable noise...but the car hasn't abandoned me yet.

     PMcQ

     76 Spitfire
     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6