Re: Blown fuses for headlight

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: Blown fuses for headlight
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 03:29:23 -0400
Zink wrote:

> Thomas Black-Petersen wrote:
> >
> > On my Spifire the fuse for the headlights keep blowing. I have
> > resently changed the generator but it didn't help.
> >
> > What causes this problem - voltage, amps or somthing else ?
> >
> > Thomas Black
> > tbp@naviteam.dk
> > Denmark
> How about a recurring electrical short in your headlight wiring circuit?
> Larry Zink
> 1964 Spitfire4
Tom,
        I had this same problem. Couldn't keep my headlights lit for more than
10 to 20 minutes. Was blowing 20 amp fuses. Wiring was melting
insulation in spots.
        The cure was so simple i almost hate to admit it. I went through my
lights one by one checking restance to ground abd found each of my tail
lts pulling 1 to 4 Megohms (not a miss print) instead of the more normal
4 or less ohms. I cleaned up all the grounds and fixtures and haven't
had a problem since.
        Good Luck
        Bill
78Spit